About Me

I love to cook and more importantly, I like to improve the way I cook certain dishes. As such, this blog is borne out of a desire for a simple and organized way to manage the different variations of the dish that I tried. I will be posting recipes, pictures and comments on what works for me and what don’t. Hopefully, you will enjoy your time here, and do remember to give your feedback! Cooking is a constant evolution, a process and definitely not an end result!

Steamed Herbal Chicken in Mini Porcelain Pot

by | |
Steamed Herbal Chicken in Mini Porcelain Pot
Steamed Herbal Chicken in Mini Porcelain Pot
One year back, when I was shopping for my new home, I walked into Daiso (A shop in Singapore that sells every item at $2) and saw this mini porcelain pot. I fall in love with it as it is so cute. It stands at a height of approx 12cm and with a diameter of 8cm, with a cover. Not knowing what to do with it, I still bought 2 sets as it is too cheap and cute to resist.

It is until today when I am cracking my brain what to cook for the night and I happened to see these 2 cutie pots in my kitchen cabinet. I decided that I should use them today!

I used the mini pots to steam herbal chicken. One pot to serve a person. And the recipe that I have shared below is meant for a person.

Do not hestitate to try this recipe, even if you do not have the same mini pot. You can simply use an Aluminium foil and wrapping it up for the same effect. Remember to multiple the quantity of the ingredients according to the number of person you are cooking for.

Ingredients (Serve 1 pax)
  1. 3 Medium Pieces of Chicken/ 1/6 of a Medium Chicken Cut into smaller pieces
  2. 1 tablespoon of Water
  3. 2 teaspoon of Hua Diao Jiu/ Chinese Rice Wine
  4. 2 Medium Red Dates (Washed)
  5. 2 pieces of Dan Gui (Washed)
  6. 1/2 piece of Dang Shen(Codonopsis Root) - (Washed)
  7. 2 pieces of Yu Zhu(Solomon's Seal Rhizome) - (Washed)
  8. 1/2 tablespoon of Gou Qi Zi(Wolfberry) - (Washed)
  9. 1 tablespoon of Light Soya Sauce (eg. Brand Tai Hua)
Preparation
  1. Add Ingredient No. 4 to No. 8 into a mini porcelain pot, then add chicken, add Hua Diao Jiu, Light Soya Sauce. Leave it for minimum 15 minutes.
Steps
  1. Add 1 tablespoon of Water into the preparation. And place the mini pot into a steamer or rice cooker and steam for approx 15 minutes/ until the chicken is cooked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment